Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Tuesday and a few July 4 Weekend Pics

*Edited to add - I just came back from weighing in at Weight Watchers and guess what?? I actually lost 3.6 pounds!!!! I almost fell over. I was sooo excited. I still have a ways to go and I can pretty much guarantee I won't lose that much again in a week, but still, that was great! (I had gained 10.8 pounds in about 3 months so I'm trying to lose that plus a little more) OH heck, who am I kidding, I'm trying to get down to about 105.....but let me say that ain't gonna happen.

















This week is flying by, which is a good thing considering I was really kind of dreading these next two weeks without Brandon here. I do miss him a lot, but it does make for some guilt-free “me” time. In fact, I can already see this week and next filling up with things to do (and obligations to fulfill) so this is a good thing.

Ya know, in the scheme of things, when you consider that I work full time and then try to work out at least once a day 5 days a week or so, and then do maintenance stuff like yard work and house cleaning and laundry….there really isn’t that much extra time even with Brandon gone. Those things pretty much take up the week. I’d much rather be busy than bored. I don’t take relaxation too well, I don’t think…..but I do hope to have some time to get to some cleaning (organizing), photo sorting, and time for finally catching up (short lived as it will be) on my blog reading.

I had no plans for last night, but a friend called and asked me if I would take photographs (for money!!!) of her son’s birthday party. I said yes, but the problem was there really wasn’t much subject matter. The “kid” is a 17 year old who just had about 10 friends at a local restaurant to eat. You would have thought that maybe some antics would have gone on – some craziness, but really, there was nothing. How many pictures can you take of 12 kids eating their dinner? Not too many, let me tell you. It really was nothing to take pictures of. I was really disappointed too in the way the few I did get turned out. The light was horrible in there and the way the kids were seated, well, it just wasn’t conducive to photography. I don’t think I’m even going to charge my friend anything as it really didn’t turn out well at all. I’m not sure I even got a few usable pictures! It was disappointing.

After that, I rushed home to take care of my yard and get it mowed because we are supposed to get rain the next couple of days and I didn’t want it to get any longer than it was. I really wanted to go walking with my dog, but it was 9:20 when I got inside the house and I hadn’t even taken a shower, groceries from a quick Walmart trip (done after work but before the photo deal at the restaurant) were all over the place needing to be put up. I had a lot of things yet to do before I could go to bed…so I nixed walking. My aspirations were to get up at 6:00 and walk, but I ended up going to bed at 12:30 a.m. so I decided I really wanted the extra hour of sleep instead. I plan on working out tonight after work.

Thursday night I plan to go fishing with my dad as soon as I get off work. At least this weekend I have NOTHING planned. Well, except working out on Saturday morning and now that I think about it, I need to help with book sorting at our local library….I sort of need to volunteer to help with that cause I’m on the committee to do it, but I missed last month’s sorting. So, see what I mean? The week is filling up!

I did finally get to talk with Brandon this morning! He is in Indiana with my ex’s husband's wife's family and their cell phones don’t work there nor do they have internet? (the tragedy of it!!!) so he was calling me from their home phone this morning. I was sooo glad to hear his voice. That is only the second time I’ve talked to him in the almost week since he’s been gone. I’ll be happy to get him back home again.

I have lots more vacation pictures to post..I’ll try to get the next post together tonight when I get home. (I’m at work right now…) For some reason, I can’t access my dropshots account from my work computer. Have no idea why!

Oh yea, and I’m going in to weigh at WW today – I’ll let you know how it goes. I haven’t done wonderful this week, but I haven’t been really bad either. Over the weekend at the lake, I did eat a few things I shouldn’t and out of almost necessity, I had one meal at McDonalds (fries and chicken nuggets – yum!) but overall, I wasn’t horrible. So, I’m hoping I at least maintained. I hope I lost….but we shall see. I’m going at noon to weigh in.

After I wrote all this, I thought – hey, I could share some pictures of my July 4 weekend…so see below (and above) for a few of the ones I liked. I took quite a few pictures…none were that exciting. It was a really nice weekend to get away and relax with old friends. My friend has a lakehouse on Grand Lake so my friend Jana from Oklahoma City and her family, met my friend Chris (from Tulsa) at her lakehouse on Grand Lake for the 3-day weekend. We spent the weekend boating, tubing, fishing!!!!, and jet skiing. It was very relaxing and a whole lotta fun.

Well, I can't get the darned pics to post down here in the body....it isn't giving me the html code. GRRR - so I'll just tell you down here what the pictures up there are of:

1) Me eating a catfish I caught. ha ha

2) Chris and I jumping into the lake off the boat. We took the boat to this cove and fished and swam and ate lunch. It was so. much. fun.
3) This is Lucas doing fireworks at our campfire we had on Saturday night.
4) This is a fish I caught with Lucas looking on in the background. The kids were fascinated with the fish I would catch (and I caught about 25 or so, no kidding...) - they would want to see it and touch it and then it would wiggle and they would run away screaming. Pretty funny.
5) The final one - me riding on the inner tube. I wasn't going to do this cause last time it hurt really bad - all the bouncing, but it was fun this time so I was cutting up as you can see.

2 comments:

ALF said...

horray - I'm glad you're back!

Rebekah said...

LOl, the one of you eating the cat fish and on the tube- funny.

Congrats on the ww. YEA! I lose two, gain one, lose two, gain one. So I am getting there- slowly but surely